Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Starting Over.... A.G.A.I.N


So Sunday was the start of yet another attempt to stay on track. I do so well, and then fall off the "wagon". The usual result of my slipping up is more like a broken leg/arm/nose, instead of just a few bumps and bruises. When I fall, I fall hard. It's not just a day or two... It's Weeks. At. A. Time. My last fall lasted 6 weeks... And resulted in a 13+lb. gain... I was sad. I was mad. I was depressed. I was angry. I was every bad emotion under the sun. I've been doing this for far too long not to know right from wrong and it's frustrating that I allow myself to fall into that black hole knowing that it's extremely hard for me to crawl back out. That's not the bad part though.

After my gain (which was totally expected, yet still shocking for some reason... Imagin that.), I picked myself back up (kicking and screaming) and got back on track. I did great. I did awesome. I was proud of myself. I felt good. I felt accomplished and it showed on the scale. I lost 5.4lbs. But guess what? That next week, I fell off AGAIN. Yes... Again. And guess what else...? I gained 5.3 of those pounds back. And guess one more thing...? All of those bad emotions came right back to my door and started knocking. So here I am... Here is to getting back on track and starting over. I know I want this, and I know how to get it. I guess just doing it is really the hardest part. Wish me luck, and someone please tie me to the wagon this time because I’m on it for forever!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sometimes it's a good thing to start again. It allows us to figure out where we currently are and where we want to get to whilst using our experience of where it went wrong on previously to help push us in the right direction.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay to start over...means you never quit!!

    ReplyDelete